Article ID: K00000593
Last Updated: November 4, 2020
When you try to run one of the Report Commander programs (adcrutil, CommandLineBuilder, ProjectEditor, or adrcexec), Windows gives the following error message:
This error indicates that the Report Commander installation has been corrupted.
If you examine the Report Commander program folder, you may find that the program file has a size of 0 bytes.
First try repairing the Report Commander installation:
- From the Start menu, go to "Add or Remove Programs"
- Select Report Commander 2 and click Modify
- In the setup wizard, click Next, then Repair.
If the program still fails after repairing
- Uninstall the software from Add or Remove Programs. When prompted, do not return/deactivate your license
- Make sure all .exe and .dll files have been removed from the Report Commander program folder (by default either "C:\Program Files\Arcana Development\Report Commander 2" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arcana Development\Report Commander 2").
- Reinstall Report Commander (all versions of Report Commander are available for download here if needed).
The mechanism by which the installation becomes corrupted is not currently understood.