Script compilation error: no input sources specified

JohnNolan (1 post)
November 13, 2018 08:49 AM
Accepted Answer

I'm using adTempus 4.5.1.

I'm trying to write a script against one of my servers, and when I try to test or validate the script, it won't compile. It doesn't matter what my script is (I'm just trying with the New Script standard template.)

It also doesn't matter if I choose VB.NET:

Message Number: ADT005066E
Message: Script compilation error: file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\opghqpds.0.vb' could not be found (BC2001) (Line 0, Column 0)
Message: Script compilation error: no input sources specified (BC2008) (Line 0, Column 0)
Message Number: ADT005075E
Message: Script compilation failed. See previous messages for details.

or C#:

Message: Script compilation error: Source file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\3lrjkqxa.0.cs' could not be found (CS2001) (Line 0, Column 0)
Message Number: ADT005066W
Message: Script compilation error: No source files specified (CS2008) (Line 0, Column 0)
Message Number: ADT005075E
Message: Script compilation failed. See previous messages for details.

Weirdly though, I can test/validate scripts against other servers successfully. Also, other people are able to validate scripts against the server that is failing for me.

I've tried rebooting and recreating the connection, but no luck.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Bill Staff (599 posts)
November 13, 2018 09:10 AM
Accepted Answer

The script code is sent to the server to be compiled and validated/tested, and something is going wrong there. The error seems familiar to me but I can't find any previous problem reports citing it.

If possible, please try logging in interactively to the server in question, run the Console locally there, and try your test. If that works, go back to the remote server and try it again.

If it still fails, I think this will be easier to deal with as a support case. Please open one and send these files from the adTempus server you're connecting to:

• The log files from "C:\program files\arcana development\adtempus\4.0\logs\default"
  • The "adtempus.jobhost.*.log" files from your user TEMP folder on the server

Replies are disabled for this topic.