Agent Variables

trueter (21 posts)
January 19, 2021 06:56 AM
Accepted Answer

Hello,

How do you get agents to refresh their server level variables?  We recently created a new master server, and repointed a bunch of existing agents to the new master.  However, all the agents still contain the server level variables of the old master server.  Is there a way we can force the agents to refresh their copy of the server level variables?

Thanks,

Tim

Bill Staff (599 posts)
January 19, 2021 09:39 AM
Accepted Answer
The agents should have detected that they were being attached to a new master and resynchronized themselves but it sounds like that didn't happen. To force a resync, go to the Remote Agents view in the Console (on the Master). Select the affected agents, right-click, and select the Resynchronize command.
trueter (21 posts)
January 19, 2021 09:55 AM
Accepted Answer

Hi Bill, I've done that and still no dice.  The weird thing is that when I click on the job queue and look at the variables tab, the values are updated there:

Also, when I click on the agent and look at the variables there, the values are correct as well:

However, when I look at a job that that runs on that agent, I see two Job Detail Log.xml files are generated:

The first file lists the variables and has the correct value, but the second file also lists the variable values and has the incorrect value (notice the "1" is missing from the variable value):

Bill Staff (599 posts)
January 19, 2021 11:30 AM
Accepted Answer

There should be only one Job Detail Log.

What distributed mode is the Queue configured with--mirror, slave, or load balance?

Is it possible the agent is still running jobs for the old master? This could only happen if you cloned the old master to make the new one, and didn't change the adTempus instance ID or remove the agent from the old master. In this case it might be possible for both masters to still be connecting to the agent and sending commands to it, which I guess could cause you to end up with the job running twice with the same instance number and therefore two log files.

If that's not it, please open a support case. We need to get diagnostic logs and/or take a look at the servers with you.

trueter (21 posts)
January 19, 2021 01:49 PM
Accepted Answer

Thanks Bill.  The queue is configured in slave mode.  I will open a support ticket.

Replies are disabled for this topic.