quiet mode and path arguments for installer

ISoft (7 posts)
July 25, 2017 09:41 PM
Accepted Answer

Goal:

remote installations of report commander from the commandline / scripts for deploying and updating en masse.  

Why:

I'd like to be able to automate installations of report commander for reasons of scale.  We have too many clients and not enough time to manually deploy report commander to all of them.  Presently this is done over sharescreens, which is painfully slow for a variety of reasons.  It requires the user's interaction to answer the phone and setup the sharescreen, and so can't be easily parallelized.  Many users have poor internet connections, causing the sharescreen to drop out mid-transfer.  It takes our support reps away from handling the actual issues our users are having.  

How:

the syntax doesn't matter to me, as long as I can specify a flag for no ui and a flag for the installation path.  

Bill Staff (599 posts)
July 26, 2017 08:54 AM
Accepted Answer

This didn't get documented for some reason but is already supported. It's now been written up here.

When I tested this out I found a problem with the auto-activation using a license account number. We're working on a fix for that; if you need that option please open a support case to get the updated installer.

Replies are disabled for this topic.