CommandLineBuilder not reading Project file properly

BW (6 posts)
October 14, 2016 05:13 PM
Accepted Answer

Hi there,

I'm evaluating ReportCommander v2.2.  I've created a project and it runs properly and both exports to a file and emails me properly.

When I run CommandLineBuilder to read the project file to get the command line options to be able to schedule it with the windows Task Scheduler, the database login info is not correct.  It only has this:

-login!={password:******************==}

And when running the full command line from a command prompt, it errors with:

Error: Export failed: Database logon failed.: Database logon failed.

It seems to be missing the userid.  If I edit the -login parameter to include both the userid and password, it works properly.

What am I doing wrong where CommandLineBuilder is not picking up this information from the saved project file correctly?

Thank you.

Barry

BW (6 posts)
October 15, 2016 11:48 AM
Accepted Answer

Looks like this is a known issue and will be addressed in the next version v2.3.

http://www.arcanadev.com/support/kb/k00000479.aspx

Bill Staff (599 posts)
October 16, 2016 09:18 AM
Accepted Answer

It sounds like the issue you linked to is probably the problem.

Note that if you're saving a project file, you can just run the project directly using the Project Runner rather than reverse-engineering it in the Command Line Builder and to get a command line for the Command Runner.

Generally you would use the command line builder/command runner in scenarios where you want to be able to have another program run the command for you with different settings each time, or where you want to set up a batch file to process a lot of reports with the same settings so it's easier to copy/paste command lines than it is to create projects.

Replies are disabled for this topic.