Date Range for report

delaben (8 posts)
May 2, 2016 09:28 AM
Accepted Answer

I've been testint AdTempus and Report Commander for a few days, works well.  However, the report I get, I'd like to print from 24h ago to now.

In report commander, for start value, I have 'specify start value checked' and for format string, i have 'use variables or functions' checked and I have @now("yyyy-MM-dd",-1,"day").

I have End Value, Specify End Value checked, and "format string" use variables for functions checked with @now("yyyy-MM-dd") as my function.  However, all my reports are from 4/7/16 and not today minus 24h.

Bill Staff (599 posts)
May 2, 2016 10:09 AM
Accepted Answer

Please take a look at the debug output from Report Commander. This will show you what values Report Commander is passing to the report. Does this show the correct values?

Also make sure you're not exporting saved data. If there's data saved in the report, you need to use the "-refresh" command line option or the refresh option in your project.

delaben (8 posts)
May 2, 2016 01:20 PM
Accepted Answer
Interestingly, debug shows the correct date, and force refresh is checked.  Still shows 4/7.  If I runt the report with crystal reports and select the date parameters (with no upper limit for today), it pulls up correctly.
Bill Staff (599 posts)
May 2, 2016 02:31 PM
Accepted Answer

Where is the 4/7 date coming from? Is there data saved in the report that uses that date? If so, save the report from Crystal Reports without data and see if it works correctly in Report Commander now.

If you don't have anything on the report that shows the parameter values, please add them temporarily (e.g., stick the start and end dates in the report header) so we can see what date the report thinks it's getting from Report Commander.

If that doesn't produce any useful clues, please open a support case. Include the report file, an export from Crystal Reports, an export from Report Commander, and the debug log.

delaben (8 posts)
May 3, 2016 09:01 AM
Accepted Answer
Interestingly, that's just the first day I ran the report (4/8 I believe, from report commander).  It's a dynamic report that pulls data from an electronic health record (nurses charting), so it requires we define a date range.  It's updated every 10 minutes.
Bill Staff (599 posts)
May 3, 2016 09:35 AM
Accepted Answer
Are you printing or exporting for your tests? If you are exporting, confirm that the file Report Commander is exporting to is the same file you are looking at.

Replies are disabled for this topic.