Group Job Enable

Ken T (33 posts)
December 22, 2022 01:35 PM
Accepted Answer

I put a group (folder) of jobs on Group Hold (using Disable All Execution).

I tried enable at the job level and the Group Level.

Problem, is there is a tier of 5 groups/folders. I'm not sure which level I disabled it at.

If I tried to enable at a Group Level, but it was disabled at a higher group level, will at Group Level enable work at a lower group level?

I am using adTempus console 4.6 and server 4.6.

I doesn't seem to re-enable the jobs. Instead, in the Next Start column, it shows Group Held. I tried do a refresh as well as closing and opening the console app.

Bill Staff (599 posts)
December 22, 2022 06:04 PM
Accepted Answer

When a group is held, that holds all groups and jobs below it. Lower levels cannot override this. The only way in version 4.x to figure out which group is held is to work your way up and look at the settings for each group (edit the group and look at the hold type).

Note that there is a known issue where if you right-click a group in the tree and use the hold/release commands without selecting the group first to focus it, the commands may operate on the wrong group. To be sure you're getting the right result, right-click and edit the group and set the hold type there.

Version 5 will be released in January and has improvements in this area. It has an option to show hold indicators in the tree, and also has options to override hold state at lower levels. For more information see what's new and search for "hold type".