run query against adtempus my sql database externally

TJ (32 posts)
February 29, 2020 12:26 PM
Accepted Answer

Hi Bill,

I am able to run query on sql server utility that adtempus provides, but I am going to create a script to run on command window to pull the data from adtempus database.

How can I get adtempus my sql database info? I've created users that have access to adtempus database remotely.  

Please advise.

Thanks 

Bill Staff (599 posts)
March 2, 2020 07:12 AM
Accepted Answer
adTempus uses SQL Server or SQL Server Express, not MySQL. This article describes how to configure the database to allow remote connections. If you have added users to adTempus, this does not give those users permission to use the database directly. You need to add logins for them in the database as well, if you haven't already done that. The article shows how to do that.
TJ (32 posts)
March 7, 2020 01:03 PM
Accepted Answer

Hi Bill,

I did follow this article https://www.arcanadev.com/support/kb/k00000387 grant permission to additional user which is computer account, I assume the password same as windows authentication. but when I connect to database using perl connection string, it says login failed for this user. I even tried the user which created the database and I got the same error.

it is obvious message saying user login failed. I am not sure how to check the user and password in SQL SERVER itself.

TJ (32 posts)
March 7, 2020 01:22 PM
Accepted Answer
when I select * from master.dbo.syslogins, I can see the users that I have access for database. The users that I tried are there, but are they take the password that I used to login windows?
Bill Staff (599 posts)
March 9, 2020 06:33 AM
Accepted Answer

The easiest way to manage the database and users is to use SQL Server Management Studio. If you already have it installed on another computer you can connect to the adTempus machine/instance as "computername/adtempus". You can also download it from Microsoft and install it on the adTempus server (the latest version should work fine even if you have an older version of SQL Server Express).

If you created logins for Windows user IDs (using integrated Windows security), then you don't use a password when connecting to the database--your program has to be running under that user's account. If you've created the logins for local user accounts, then you're only going to be able to do that if the program is running on the same computer as the database. If you want to connect from another computer you need to either create logins for domain accounts, or create logins using SQL Server security (which use a user ID and password that are not related to the Windows account).

Replies are disabled for this topic.