troubleshoot a perl script execution in adtempus

TJ (32 posts)
February 8, 2019 08:24 AM
Accepted Answer

Hi,

I have a perl script which executes successfully itself. but once I schedule it in adtempus as target type 'execuste a single program or external batch file'. it looks executing successfully but as a fact, it is not. How could I troubleshoot this to see where the issue is?

Thanks in advance.

Bill Staff (599 posts)
February 11, 2019 06:26 AM
Accepted Answer

You need to capture the console output from your script. See the Diagnosing job failures article.

adTempus determines success or failure based on the exit code from the process, so you may also want to modify your script to return a meaningful exit code so adTempus knows it has failed.

TJ (32 posts)
February 13, 2019 09:53 AM
Accepted Answer
I believe the step of execute a single program or external batch file not even kicked off, the reason I say that as my script worked itself if I launch it from command window and it has email sending out if it gets kick off. But in adtempus job, it shows this step gets executed, I am not sure why.
Bill Staff (599 posts)
February 13, 2019 01:22 PM
Accepted Answer

If adTempus says the step is being run, then it is being run. If you open the job instance details in the history, you can go to the Steps page and show the details for the step. This will show you the windows process ID and the exit code. If you go to Captured Files and look at the Job Detail Log, you will see it report the exact command line that it ran.

You need to capture the output to see what is going wrong.

Replies are disabled for this topic.