Choosing a Job Trigger Target Rule Instance

Paul Watson (101 posts)
May 11, 2016 08:36 AM
Accepted Answer

What is the difference between:

Most recent in same cycle

Any in same cycle

Also, what do the yellow stars at the left of several choices in the documentation mean?
This topic has an accepted answer. Jump to it.
Bill Staff (599 posts)
May 11, 2016 09:32 AM
Accepted Answer

"Most recent" only looks at the most recent instance to have run in the cycle. "Any" looks at all instances in the cycle. For example, say the target job ran twice this cycle: succeeded the first time and failed the second. If you're looking for a successful instance, then the rule will be satisfied if you've chosen "Any," but won't be satisfied if you've chosen "Most Recent," since the most recent instance failed.

The stars indicate new features new to version 4.x. Doesn't really apply to Job Triggers since the whole concept is new, but the same instance rules are used in conditions and responses, and the content is shared.

Paul Watson (101 posts)
May 11, 2016 09:42 AM
Accepted Answer

Ok, I understand that. In our situation, I am not sure how I would use a previous successful run prior to a failed run of a target job to trigger the dependent job. I suppose that someone may be able to use that.

For now, I am going back and ensuring that "Job succeeded" with "Most recent in same cycle" is used.

Bill Staff (599 posts)
May 11, 2016 09:49 AM
Accepted Answer
Yes, that is generally the combination you would want.

Replies are disabled for this topic.