Adtempus not executing the Next Job even after condition

Raju (2 posts)
July 11, 2013 07:40 AM
Accepted Answer

I had expoted the job and imported on different server.

Example i got two jobs job1 and job2.

I have put condition on job1 that if sucessfull then excute job2.This is working fine on old machine.

The machine where i imported the job,my conditions are not working.That is only job1 is runnning and job2 is getting triggered even after success of job1.I even tried to create the job using wirzard and not importing it throu some different location.

Can you please help me.

Bill Staff (599 posts)
July 11, 2013 08:17 AM
Accepted Answer

You said "job2 is getting triggered even after success of job1". I assume you mean "not getting triggered"?

A job condition on job2 does not "trigger" job2 when job1 finishes. It only checks to see if job1 was successful when something else triggers job2. There has to be a trigger or response to tell job2 to start, and it will check the condition then. See Comparison of Triggers and Conditions in the online help. Also see this example on how to link jobs using a Response to do what it sounds like you want.

If your setup was working on the other computer, then there must have been something else starting job2. Are there triggers on job2?

Raju (2 posts)
July 11, 2013 09:44 AM
Accepted Answer

Thanks for your response.

I have set the condition for job1, that if it executes successfully then ran job2.

But its behaving strange, job1 gets executed,rans successfully but after completion it fails to ran job2.I mean it doesnot start job2.

Bill Staff (599 posts)
July 11, 2013 11:30 AM
Accepted Answer

You're talking about conditions again. Is that what you set up, or did you do it as a Response with a Job Control Action?

Are any warning or error messages being reported for either job in the job log? Is job2 enabled (not held)?

Paul Watson (101 posts)
July 12, 2013 06:53 AM
Accepted Answer

Raju, I may not be stating it exactly correct, but Bill can correct me.

Conditions provide a way to stop things.

Triggers start things.

Bill Staff (599 posts)
July 12, 2013 10:13 AM
Accepted Answer

Paul--That's a good summary.

Raju--I can't tell if you are using the correct functionality but the wrong terminology, or are still using the wrong functionality. You need to confirm that job1 has a Response (on the Responses page of the job properties) with a Job Control Action to run job2. You should not have a Job Condition (on the Conditions page) on either job.

If you believe you have it set up correctly you may need to attach screen captures of your settings, or open a support case so we can review your settings or look for other problems.

Replies are disabled for this topic.