adTempus version 2.1 and SQL Server 2012

Susan Gitersonke (1 post)
February 1, 2013 04:31 PM
Accepted Answer

We have a new server, Windows 2008 R2 64-bit with SQL Server 2012.  I'm trying to install our current version of adTempus, 2.1. but could do the install to create a SQL server database. I've tried running the conversion but it also fails with the following error.

Creating database Cannot open database connection: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. Database creation failed

I've reviewed Article ID: K00000403 but it appears to apply to later versions of adTempus because the folders mentioned don't exist on version 2.1.

Has anyone successfully installed version 2.1 with SQL Server 2012?

Thanks!

Bill Staff (599 posts)
February 4, 2013 05:00 PM
Accepted Answer

This issue has been dealt with in a support case, but here's the answer for everyone else:

You can modify the database script included with version 2.1 to update the commands that are no longer supported in SQL Server 2012. Download the version 3.1 script, open it in a text editor and copy all the lines near the top that start with "ALTER DATABASE" (and the "go" line that follows each). 

Then edit the version 2.1 script. Replace all the lines starting with "exec sp_dboption" (and the "go" line that follows each) with the block of "ALTER DATABASE" commands you copied from the new script.

Note that version 2.1 has not been tested on this platform and is no longer being updated. 

Replies are disabled for this topic.