adTempus reports Batch job completes but it never kicked off

mellgass (2 posts)
May 6, 2015 10:41 AM
Accepted Answer
I had an issue today where adTempus reported that a batch job it was scheduled to run received a return code of 3 and completed. However after looking into this some more, it looks like the batch job was never kicked off. This job has been running successfully for a few months now and I've never seen it do this. Any suggestions on how to prevent this?
Bill Staff (599 posts)
May 6, 2015 01:03 PM
Accepted Answer

If adTempus is reporting an exit code of 3, then your batch file ran and something in the batch file failed with that exit code (or your batch file has error-handling logic that caused it to return exit code 3).

If your job is configured to capture the console output, review the output from the step for errors from your program(s). If it's not, you should change the configuration so output gets captured, or change your program(s) or batch file so they log messages somewhere. See this article for more information on troubleshooting job failures.

mellgass (2 posts)
May 6, 2015 01:10 PM
Accepted Answer

After further investigation, it does look like adTempus kicked off the batch job, however it terminated prior to creating any logs.

As you stated the RC of 3 was built into the batch job itself. Additionally, I've updated the job to capture the console.

Thanks for the help.

Replies are disabled for this topic.