adTempus 4.1 console

Ken T (33 posts)
April 22, 2015 01:02 PM
Accepted Answer

When I'm trying to add a remote server in the adTempus 4.1 console app, I'm getting this message:

A connection could not be made to the adTempus server. Security negotiation failed or you could not be authenticated on the server.

What should I do to fix this?

Bill Staff (599 posts)
April 22, 2015 02:55 PM
Accepted Answer

Is the server in the same domain that your computer is in (or a domain with a trust relationship), and are you logged in to your computer under a domain user account? If not, the server will not be able to identify you. In that case you will need to set up a trust relationship, or use adTempus authentication instead of Windows authentication.

If that's not the problem, take a look at the adtempus.service.log file on the server and check for an error message related to security, especially anything that mentions SSPI negotiation or account mapping.

Is the adTempus service configured to run under the Local System account or a user account? If it's a user account, is it a local account or a domain account?

Ken T (33 posts)
April 22, 2015 03:20 PM
Accepted Answer

This is all happening on the same domain.

My PC is using my regular domain account. I did a "Run As" on the adTempus 4.1 Console app to use my domain admin account.

The server is running under a domain account.

I checked the adtempus.service.log file, nothing from my failed attempt to login today.

But I did see this in the .log file from yesterday.

2015-04-20 10:30:24,243 [4] WARN  ArcanaDevelopment.adTempus.Shared.Extensibility.ExtensionManager [(null)] - Failed to load assembly
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file://D:\Program Files\Arcana Development\adTempus\4.0\ArcanaDevelopment.adTempus.Client.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
File name: 'file://D:\Program Files\Arcana Development\adTempus\4.0\ArcanaDevelopment.adTempus.Client.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)
   at ArcanaDevelopment.adTempus.Shared.Extensibility.ExtensionManager.LoadAssembly(String filename, Boolean loadExtensions)

Bill Staff (599 posts)
April 22, 2015 04:23 PM
Accepted Answer

That message in the log file is not related.

The problem is probably caused by running the service under a domain account. Please try this, on the computer where the adTempus service is running:

Open an Administrator command prompt and execute this command:

setspn -a HOST/computername domain\username

where computername is the name of the computer, and domain\username is the domain account that the service is running under. Make sure you get the result "Updated object."

Restart the adTempus service, then try connecting with the Console.

Replies are disabled for this topic.