DB Admin Rights

Ken T (33 posts)
November 24, 2014 03:09 PM
Accepted Answer

I want to install adTempus 4 onto an application server where the adTempus database will be hosted on a different server.

When going through the adTempus setup, I'll be using my own login, but I will supply a Windows login created to be the service account that adTempus uses to connect to the database.

My personal login does not have admin rights to create databases. However, the service account that I will be supplying will have enough rights to create databases.

Is that sufficient? Or do I need to get my login elevated with database create/admin rights in order to successfully install adTempus?

Bill Staff (599 posts)
November 24, 2014 04:20 PM
Accepted Answer

You will need your account to have the ability to create the database (and possibly a login for adTempus) during installation. So you will need to get the additional permissions for yourself, or have a DBA supply explicit credentials if your SQL Server instance is set up to allow connections using SQL Server security (user ID/password).

The account that you give adTempus to use does not need these permissions--it only needs read, write, and backup.

Be sure you have reviewed the requirements and limitations if you're going to run the adTempus service under a user account.

Also remember that adTempus needs a constant, reliable database connection. Often it's simpler and more reliable to use SQL Server Express installed on the same computer with adTempus.

Replies are disabled for this topic.