Schedule an Oracle Proc

Jo (1 post)
October 15, 2014 09:39 AM
Accepted Answer

Hello,

Can any of you guide me the steps to schedule an Oracle proc via AdTempus? I see it only has option for SQL server DB not for Oracle. Please help.

Thanks

This topic has an accepted answer. Jump to it.
Bill Staff (599 posts)
October 16, 2014 08:54 AM
Accepted Answer
The database task in adtempus 4 works with Oracle databases. You need to have the Oracle client and OLEDB provider installed, as described in the help topic.
Sasha (3 posts)
October 20, 2014 01:33 PM
Accepted Answer

I have installed Oracle client and OLEDB .  test connection is successfull. I placed the EXEC statement to run a procedure in Database operation task properties>Action: Exectue Database job  and underneath pasted the exec statement which has to be run. But it failed

When i tried using execute sql option, it says invalid sql statement.

ANyone can help on where to place teh exec statement in order to run oracle procedure??

Bill Staff (599 posts)
October 21, 2014 09:06 AM
Accepted Answer

You should be using the "Execute SQL" action. However, I got the same error you did when trying to execute a stored procedure. We are investigating the problem.

Bill Staff (599 posts)
October 21, 2014 01:31 PM
Accepted Answer

If you use a simple exec statement, this fails with ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement. This appears to be a limitation of the OLEDB driver used to connect to the database.

It works correctly if you use either of the following approaches (assuming you're calling the procedure "my_procedure"):

begin
   my_procedure('param1')
end;

or

{call my_procedure('param1')}

Bill Staff (599 posts)
April 6, 2015 09:00 AM
Accepted Answer
adTempus 4.2 contains a change so that stored procedures can be run using the "exec" syntax.

Replies are disabled for this topic.