Does adTempus work in conjunction with Windows Scheduler?

Toby Erkson (8 posts)
August 7, 2009 10:05 AM
Accepted Answer

Can I run adTempus as well as the Windows Scheduler?  For example, run one task from adTempus then later a different task from Windows Scheduler.

If so, are there any restrictions?  TIA!

Toby Erkson ...just another Yahoo!
Bill Staff (599 posts)
August 10, 2009 06:56 AM
Accepted Answer

You can run both adTempus and the Windows Task Scheduler on  a computer and run tasks from both. But there is no integration between them, if that's what you mean--you cannot manage your Windows Scheduler tasks from adTempus or vice-versa.

It would be possible to start a Windows Scheduler task from adTempus by calling the Windows Scheduler schtasks command-line tool, or to start an adTempus job from the Windows Scheduler by calling the adTempus adtexec command-line tool.

Why do you need to schedule tasks in both?

Toby Erkson (8 posts)
August 10, 2009 02:33 PM
Accepted Answer

That answers my question.  They can run together.

I ask because we currently use a good number of Windows Scheduler tasks and a bunch of VB scripts.  I've used ad Tempus at two different job sites and want to use it here.  I wanted to make sure there would be no issues while I transfer tasks from one scheduler to the other.  ad Tempus will make my job easier, especially using its notification process, thus reducing the number of scripts and making maintenance & administration MUCH easier!

Toby Erkson ...just another Yahoo!

Replies are disabled for this topic.