Schedule Trigger Variables

smp (34 posts)
April 19, 2009 03:11 PM
Accepted Answer
I'm using adTempus 3.0.5. In Arcana, the start/stop time were included with the notification emails. But I am coming up short in my attempts to include that same info (or elapsed time) in adTempus. Suprisingly, there doesn't seem to be any such built-in variable. Any recommendations on how to include the Start/Stop/Elapsed time in a Job Succeeded email notification?
smp (34 posts)
April 20, 2009 09:52 AM
Accepted Answer

I read some more of the Help, which outlined the process of setting variables in the JobVariables collection with Scripts. So I wrote a shared script to add a StartTime variable to the JobVariables collection. Then I created another shared script to add an EndTime variable to the JobVariables collection, and a couple of ElapsedTime variables by using the DateDiff VBScript function to calculate the difference between %StartTime% and %EndTime%.

I scheduled the StartTime script to run as Step 1 in the job properties, and the EndTime script to run as Step 3. Then in the notification emails, I can reference the variables I set as %StartTime% and %EndTime%.

This is all fine and good...but it strikes me as a bit cumbersome and somewhat complex to document and support moving forward. It seems like at least the StartTime and EndTime variables should be built-in. Disagree? Is there an easier way to do this?

Bill Staff (599 posts)
April 20, 2009 05:17 PM
Accepted Answer

You are correct that there are no built-in variables for this information. The approach you have come up with is the best you can do for now. It is, as you say, rather cumbersome, unfortunately.

I have written this up to get fixed as part of the next major release. We already had some other variable enhancements slated, but somehow this one has never come up before.

smp (34 posts)
April 22, 2009 07:16 AM
Accepted Answer
Thanks for the response. I'm glad to hear those variables will be included in the next release.

Replies are disabled for this topic.