Excel Column Width is Fixed No Matter What Setting I Choose

jb_bryant (23 posts)
April 18, 2019 03:26 PM
Accepted Answer

I'm trying to figure out how I can get the column width when Excel Workbook (XLSX) is selected to be the same as it is in the source Crystal Report. Maintain Object Position is close, but I don't want it to add columns just to maintain the position. I just want the columns to be as wide as they are on the Crystal Report.

I've tried several options:

I tried setting fixed width and just making the columns big - this didn't change anything.

I tried setting the column width mode to other options like the group header, detail, etc but none of the options changed anything.

I tried setting the maintain column alignment to true and that didn't make a difference either.

What it looks like now:

Basically what I want:

This is what the Crystal Report looks like:

jb_bryant (23 posts)
April 18, 2019 03:38 PM
Accepted Answer
I can get it exactly how I want it to look if I use the XLS option and show grid lines. If I could get it to export exactly like that but in XLSX it would be ideal.
Bill Staff (599 posts)
April 18, 2019 03:54 PM
Accepted Answer

I believe this is a limitation of Crystal Reports, not of Report Commander. If you can find a combination of options that makes this work right when exporting from the Crystal Reports designer, then we can support it in Report Commander. Otherwise there's nothing we can do, since we depend on Crystal Reports to do the work of exporting.

When I tested this in Crystal Reports, it gives options for column size when exporting to XLSX, but they don't seem to have any effect.

In Report Commander, I produced the results you want using the XLS format and these options:

• Page headers and footers: once per report
  • Column widths: Automatic based on Details

It was not necessary to include gridlines.

Replies are disabled for this topic.