Bar code not exporting to PDF

Mike (5 posts)
July 28, 2015 05:13 PM
Accepted Answer
I'm exporting a crystal report that contains a Code39 bar code from IDAutomation to PDF using the command line tool.  Everything works great except the bar code does not display on the pdf.  Its view able in the report and also if I export the report to pdf from crystal it displays.  it only does not display when I use the report commander tool.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks
Bill Staff (599 posts)
July 29, 2015 07:20 AM
Accepted Answer

Are you running Report Commander on the same computer where Crystal Reports is running? If not, make sure the barcode font is installed on the computer where you're running Report Commander.

If the font is there, does the barcode appear correctly if you preview the report from within Report Commander?

Mike (5 posts)
July 29, 2015 09:49 AM
Accepted Answer
yes, crystal and report commander are running on my machine and yes the bar code displays when I preview just not when i execute.  Therefore it must be something with the communication with Adobe?
Mike (5 posts)
July 29, 2015 11:32 AM
Accepted Answer

Hi,

I have figured out the issue.  I needed to add a registry entry for Crystal Reports.  Thank You

Mike (5 posts)
July 29, 2015 01:50 PM
Accepted Answer

looks like I spoke too soon.  Now i can get the barcode to show up using the Export function in Crystal but when I use the Report Commander tool it does not display.  Is there a registry entry I need to make for report Commander?

Thanks

Bill Staff (599 posts)
July 29, 2015 02:24 PM
Accepted Answer
What is the Registry entry that you added? And what version of Report Commander are you using?
Mike (5 posts)
July 29, 2015 02:47 PM
Accepted Answer

HKEY_CURRENT_USER>>Software>>Business Objects>>Suite 12.0>>Crystal Reports>>Export>>

Added PDF with a REG_DWORD key, Name = ForceLargeFonts Value =1

Report Commander 2.0

Thanks for your help

Bill Staff (599 posts)
July 29, 2015 02:59 PM
Accepted Answer
Report Commander 2 is using a different version of the Crystal Reports runtime, so it wouldn't pick up that Registry value. The corresponding location for the newer runtime is "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Crystal Reports\Export". Try setting the value there and see if that does it.

Replies are disabled for this topic.