Clear history for a group

Paul Watson (101 posts)
August 2, 2013 07:58 AM
Accepted Answer

During development and testing there may be a number of failed runs. The red X is marked on every sub-group back to the root server. Even after successful runs, it seems that the red X remains. It does eventually go away. I am unsure whether this is based on the number of successful runs or time or something else.

The problem is exacerbated when the group has several jobs which are triggered by other jobs. A classic example might be extractjob > transformjob > loadjob. There might be many sets of this for a data integration project.

It would be helpful to be able to clear out the history and, optionally, reset statistics for all jobs in the group. Optionally, clear and reset recursively through subgroups. This make it more clear that everything is starting from the beginning.

There should be a way for an administrator to disable the clearing of history and statistics reset for a group. Most organizations would (should) require this for any production group jobs.

I would expect that running jobs could not have current history and statistics reset. Perhaps previous history could be cleared and statistics set so that only the currently running job is considered.

Bill Staff (599 posts)
August 2, 2013 01:47 PM
Accepted Answer

I will note this for consideration in a future release.

Groups show the failure icon as long as there are unacknowledged failed instances within the group. To clear this you just need to acknowledge the failures. You can do this by right-clicking an individual instance and selecting the Acknowledge command, or acknowledging them all from the Failed Jobs view.

Replies are disabled for this topic.