Job Group Full Names

trueter (21 posts)
November 9, 2016 02:56 PM
Accepted Answer

Hi,

We are seeing behavior where if we change the name of a job group in the UI, the "fullname" column in the database for all child job groups is not getting updated.  For example say I have two groups:

+ Parent

+  Child

Originally, the full_name value in the jobgroup table for the child Job Group will be "Parent\Child".  However, if we change the name of the Parent group to Grandparent, the full_name value in the jobgroup table for the child job group is still "Parent\Child", rather than "Grandparent\Child" like I'd expect. 

Is this a bug?  Is there a danger if I update the full_name values via direct SQL to correct reflect the new full_path values?

Thanks,

Tim

Bill Staff (599 posts)
November 9, 2016 04:13 PM
Accepted Answer

I assume you're referring to adTempus 3. The FullName is updated by a database trigger that only updates the group that's being modified. So when you modify "Parent," the FullName gets rebuilt for "Parent" that but not for any of its descendants. If you go edit/save "Child," its FullName will probably get rebuilt to be correct. But you'd have to do that at every level, for everything below "Parent."

This is a bug but adTempus itself never uses this column for anything so it never got fixed. You can update this directly without affecting adTempus. If it's an ongoing problem for you you could modify the trigger to rebuild the FullName for all descendants when a group is modified.

In adTempus 4 the FullName column is still there in the database but it is never set to anything.

Replies are disabled for this topic.