No email if any of the outputs return no results

jb_bryant (23 posts)
January 23, 2018 08:22 AM
Accepted Answer

I'm trying to use the new feature that lets you email multiple files/outputs in a single email. I have about 10 different outputs, each with different parameters from the same report. If any of the outputs are not created then none of them get sent.

Is there any way to use this new feature along-side the "suppress outputs for these parameters if the report does not return any records" option? Basically if only 2 out of the 10 outputs are produced I would still like for the email to go out.

Bill Staff (599 posts)
January 23, 2018 02:36 PM
Accepted Answer

There isn't any way to make this work right now. It looks like it's probably an oversight that it doesn't work the way you describe. We're going to make a change to make it work.

If you're on a support/maintenance subscription please open a support case and the change will probably happen sooner. Otherwise I'll update here when I have more information.

Bill Staff (599 posts)
July 31, 2018 08:10 AM
Accepted Answer

I apologize for the delay on this. This was actually fixed some time ago but there was a mix-up on our side and it never got pushed out as a hotfix. The fix is now available in the latest hotfix build. Please give it a try and let us know if there are any problems.

As long as at least one of your outputs was produced, the e-mail will be sent. If none of them produce output, the e-mail is not sent. We have a separate enhancement slated for the next release to give more control over what happens when outputs fail--e.g.,, you'll be able to specify that the project should abort if a particular output is not produced.

Replies are disabled for this topic.